- PRSA Unveils New Guidelines for Ethical AI Use in PR
- PR Lessons Learned from Cyberattack on the World’s Largest Bank
- 60-Second Close: Lightning-Fast Adaptation is a PR Firm's Secret Sauce
Audio: Listen to this article.
1. PRSA Unveils New Guidelines for Ethical AI Use in PR
- The Public Relations Society of America released new guidelines illustrating how to ethically manage, utilize, and implement artificial intelligence generative technology as PR professionals.
- As AI-generated content floods the internet, the PRSA ethical AI use guideline comes at a pivotal point. While AI content presents many opportunities (see examples of how we use it), PR firms must guard against misuse.
- Key points to remember include encouraging media literacy, confirming credibility without spreading misinformation, and conducting research before publishing AI-generated content.
2. PR Lessons Learned from Cyberattack on the World’s Largest Bank
- The cyberattack that affected U.S. Treasury trade for the U.S. financial services division of the world's largest bank, ICBC, presents a few invaluable lessons for PR pros. The attack by hacking group LockBit demonstrates the necessity of cyber-related crisis communication preparation.
- PR pros must be ready to pivot on a dime to respond to a cyber-security crisis. PR firms must rapidly shift gears to adjust the general crisis plan and address cyberattacks adequately. In these situations, preparedness must be implemented by leadership and supported by the partners.
- In a cyberattack like the ICBC crisis, preparing for anything is pivotal. A crisis can occur quickly, so you must be ready to respond with equal urgency.
3. 60-Second Close: Lightning-Fast Adaptation is a PR Firm's Secret Sauce
- Whether you're addressing AI utilization ethical guidelines or responding to a crippling cyberattack, PR professionals must prepare to adapt to any situation with chameleon-like precision.
- As the digital landscape expands, adapting and properly prepping is the difference between success and failure. Companies and organizations must do everything possible to utilize AI tools ethically while understanding their responsibility.
- At Axia, our team knows the value of adaptation through preparation while implementing ethical AI strategies. We help guide our clients with successful PR strategies to adapt to any situation. Get in touch to discuss how we can help your organization with the critical PR pivot.
Photo by Tara Winstead