October 12, 2021
Learn how to get and keep a seat at the table by being brave and proactive with management with FanDuel’s Chris Jones.
Our episode guest is Chris Jones, Vice President of Corporate Communications at FanDuel. With more than 25 years of diverse experience in the communications field, Chris has a unique view on what it takes to be successful.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- How being “at the table” from the beginning leads to dominating the marketplace
- How operating with competitors is sometimes necessary to accomplish a shared goal
- The importance of knowing what is interesting beyond the four walls of a company
- How data-driven storytelling yields greater results
- How to improve communication strategy by building bridges between different sectors of a business
- “We’re not playing catch up; we’re not writing a press release 24 hours before we go live; we’ve been part of those meetings since the beginning. And it led to us dominating the marketplace that first day.” — @chrisjones
- “You can’t come in at the last minute and be strategic.” — @jasonmudd9
- “You have to be willing and brave to stand your ground and advise in a way that, maybe, short term they don’t want to hear but long term will help the business.” — @chrisjones
- “Keep fighting those battles to get yourself at the necessary tables – or on the necessary Zooms in today’s pandemic-driven meeting world. As long as you’re doing that and you’re being a little bit brave, you’re probably gonna have more success in your career long term.” — @chrisjones
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please share it with others and leave us a review?
About Chris Jones
Our episode guest is Chris Jones, Vice President of Corporate Communications at FanDuel. With more than 25 years of diverse experience in the communications field, Chris has a unique view on what it takes to be successful. He has a track record of delivering go-to-market strategies in not only communications but in marketing, media, crisis response, and business. He embodies what it means to go the extra mile in order to elevate a company.
Guest’s contact info and resources:
- Chris Jones on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FanDuel | Daily Fantasy Sports and Online US Sportsbook
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
About your host Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies.
Find more On Top of PR episodes on: