Learn how to effectively work with influencers with our host, Jason Mudd. Jason is the managing partner of Axia Public Relations.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- Mistakes companies make when working with influencers
- The difference between an influencer and a spokesperson
- The slippery slope of working with influencers who buy followers
- Why influencers are relevant to B2B brands
- The value of micro influencers
- “Every major influencer and many household brands buy fake (or real) followers.” — @jasonmudd9
- “If you have a million social media followers and half of them are fake, then half of your audience isn’t going to engage with your content at all.” — @jasonmudd9
- “If you’re not getting authentic engagement on social media, the social media algorithm won’t place posts as often.” — @jasonmudd9
- “The more followers an influencer has, the less credibility they can have with their audience.” — @jasonmudd9
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please share it with others and leave us a review.
About Jason Mudd:
Jason Mudd, APR, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia in July 2002.
Clients love Jason’s passion, innovation, candor, commitment, and award-winning team. In an increasingly tech-forward world, Jason’s grasp of technological demands on companies provides his clients in multiple sectors a unique advantage toward reaching their top audiences. After teaching himself HTML in 1994, Jason helped pioneer internet marketing strategies as an early adopter of e-commerce, SEO, and social media, inspiring tech giants like Yahoo.
At Axia, Jason attracts, develops, retains, innovates, and leads top PR talent and clients. He oversees strategic communications for the firm’s national clients and provides high-level consultations to client leadership teams at billion-dollar global brands, both business-to-business and business-to-consumer, including spokesperson training, crisis communications management, analytics, social media, online reputation management, and more. He also speaks frequently to corporations and industry groups and writes about public relations trends and best practices for American City Business Journals and other national businesses.
Guest’s contact info and resources:
- Check a Twitter account for fake followers: Follower Audit
- Check an Instagram account for fake followers: FakeCheck.co
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
About your host Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies.
Find more On Top of PR episodes on: