Search engine optimization is an essential part of increasing domain authority.
Domain authority is a metric used to measure how well your website will place in a given search. Domain authority, also called DA, was first developed by Moz and will rank your website from zero to 100 in terms of search engine placement. Understanding how to effectively increase your domain authority ranking through search engine optimization is essential for positioning your website at the top of a potential customer’s search results.
Audio: Listen to this article.
- Using links to credible and high-traffic websites on your own website can increase your domain authority through off-page SEO.
- The creation of well-researched content can make your website a resource for other companies or individuals doing their own research. When your website becomes a resource for others, they will begin linking to your website as a reference for their own content and increase your domain authority through backlinks.
- Pursuing “guest posting” with other large bloggers or social media personalities in your industry can allow you to leverage a potentially larger audience to help expand your own.
- Optimizing for mobile use
- Many users will do their initial search on a mobile device and only transition to a desktop after they have a general grasp of what they're looking for.
- Search engine use on mobile devices accounts for roughly 60% of all searches.
- Prioritizing a user-friendly mobile website can increase the number of visits your website receives because it encourages searchers to find your website on mobile and transition to a desktop for further searches.
Must Read: How to Measure Blogging Efforts
- Removing Harmful Links
- Links from non-credible sources might not only lower your website’s authority from a searcher’s perspective, but these links can also lower your domain authority metric and cause your website to receive search penalties from Google.
- Regularly check your website for these non-credible links, especially if you have several employees writing blog articles for your organization.
- Consider using an SEO tool such as Semrush. SEO tools like this can automatically remove links from your website that may damage your website’s domain authority.
The takeaway: Increasing your domain authority
If you want to reach the right audience for your website, then considering an improvement to your domain authority is absolutely necessary. Want to put your website on the first page of Google results but don't know where to start? Our expert team at Axia Public Relations can do just that. Just ask us how we can help.
Photo by Burak The Weekender