Light, Fast, & Connected: The Future of PRBy Jason Mudd
April 3, 2022
Axia’s 60-Second Impact
60 Seconds of Information Impacting You and Your Fast-Forward Economy
April 2022 – Adapting Your PR Strategy To Meet New Consumer Dynamics
Our world is rapidly becoming one that is powered by digital relationships. Public relations and communications strategies have to respond in lockstep in order to establish and maintain relevance. Today, we’ll show you some of the newest tools to use as you pivot your team.
Audio: Listen to this article.
- Harvard Says Traditional B2B Sales & Marketing is Becoming "Obsolete"
- Use "Just-in-Time Marketing" to Make Content Current
- 60-Second Close: Prioritizing Digital-First Strategies Yields Results
1. Harvard Says Traditional B2B Sales & Marketing is Becoming "Obsolete"
- A recent study by Harvard Business Review found that traditional sales funnels are rapidly being circumvented by today's savvy consumers who want a fast solution. This is an information challenge for B2B sales teams willing and able to pivot.
- Modern consumers are relying more than ever on digital information across multiple platforms to support them on their buying journey.
- Tech-leaning companies are utilizing digital content strategies to strip down any part of the sales process that hinders a quick and easy transaction. The team at Axia Public Relations relies on digital content as a key part of our own strategy to remain one step ahead.
2. Use "Just-in-Time Marketing" to Keep Content Current
- Last year, Peloton launched a quick-turnaround ad that went viral after their product was seen on a TV show with a main character dying on it — you may remember we gave props to Peloton’s corporate comms strategy at the time (see Peloton’s Unconventional Reboot from our January 2022 issue).
- Peloton’s ad highlights a brand new concept that strategic communications can borrow from operations management, just-in-time marketing, which we’ll adapt to PR and strategic communications. Just-in-time PR strategies are all about efficiency. Producing lighter communication — faster. News stories, current events, and even crisis management messaging all benefit from a streamlined process.
- Users notice and respond more to a perception of relevance. To be agile enough to respond to current events, you have to implement digital-centric strategies and embrace new trends like just-in-time marketing/PR.
3. 60-Second Close: Prioritizing Digital-First Strategies Yields Results
- Corporate communications teams have the opportunity to recreate the buying experience with brand new ways to interact, connect, and consume — all in the digital space.
- Just-in-time PR can be your team's ticket to putting branded messaging in the hands of your audience faster than before. The team here at Axia is ready to help you get started.
If your brand wants to create emotional memories that consumers hold onto and actually want to share, then call us. We can get you there faster than ever. Ask me how we can help.
Clients love Jason’s passion, candor, and commitment as well as the team he has formed at Axia Public Relations. He's advised some of America’s most admired brands, including American Airlines, Dave & Buster’s, Hilton, HP, Pizza Hut, and Verizon. He is an Emmy Award-winning, accredited public relations practitioner, speaker, author, and entrepreneur and earned his certification in inbound marketing. He founded the PR firm in July 2002. Learn more about Jason.
Photo by fauxels from Pexels
Topics: corporate communications, web marketing, 60-Second Impact
Comment on This Article