When used responsibly, AI can be a valuable tool in agency work.
While the industry is only beginning to understand and study AI benefits, the opportunities are promising. We foresee new creative possibilities, deeper analysis, more robust research, better content optimization, bigger ROI in original thought leadership content, and more. Likewise, we want your company to benefit safely and wisely.
Audio: Listen to this article.
AI is a tool in the writer’s toolbox, not a threat or a replacement in the workplace. AI is not replacing human relationships, creativity, expertise, and discernment. However, AI can play an invaluable role in supporting your work. In the hands of a talented writer and strategist, AI can improve next-level strategy, creativity, and inspiration for our clients.
When using AI, we consider ethical guidelines, copyright sourcing, disclosure agreements, source citing, fact-checking, confidentiality, work product ownership guidelines, and knowledge cutoff dates to ensure all final products are accurate, secure, and legally compliant. There are still reasonable concerns about the use of generative AI. As a result, we’ve established seven principles for our company AI usage:
- We believe powerful, creative and strategic work is rooted in professionalism, instinct, experience, and imagination, and AI holds the potential to play a valuable supporting role.
- In keeping with our core values of integrity, ideas, relationships, results, and improvement, we believe in responsibly exploring new AI tools that can enhance our work on behalf of clients.
- We believe all client NDAs are ironclad. Without permission, we will not enter confidential or personal client contact information into any collective AI system.
- Our team members are accountable for their work's accuracy, integrity, and originality, even when assisted by AI.
- We believe in the power of language, images, and videos to educate, influence, and affect change. We will never use generative AI technology to deceive or spread misinformation or propaganda.
- We will consult with our client partners and seek legal advice as needed whenever we have concerns about the application of AI.
- We believe in following client guidelines and policies as well as our own. If a client has an existing policy surrounding AI, we will work together to respect the client’s policy, so both parties agree with the potential outcomes.
The future of AI is unknown but certain, so it’s important to adapt it into your workflow now. If you have questions or are curious about how AI might help you with your current communications, book a one-on-one consultation to hear from our expert team. We’re happy to share what we’re acquiring as we continue working and building client value.
Photo by ThisIsEngineering
Topics: artificial intelligence