Let PR guide you on the road from attraction to conversion with the right tools at the right time
You blog, send emails and craft the best content and calls to action for your website. But are you using all the tools available? Are you making good use of them at the right time?
With inbound marketing methodologies, you can provide value to your customers in ways that are welcome, not intrusive. By publishing the right content on the right platforms at the right time, you will bring customers to your door instead of chasing them. Public relations professionals know how to create and use the appropriate tools for each stage of the buyer’s journey for maximum impact and profits. Here are some of their best tips:
How to attract more customers
It’s great to get more traffic for your business or website, but you want it to be the best traffic. This means people who are actually interested and ready to make a purchase, not just look around.
First, you must define your ideal customer. Then, find out her joys, questions, challenges and pain points. Once you know these details, you can construct the type of content she needs and wants to see. This may include:
- Blogging. You can find topics that will answer her questions and educate her about your industry.
- Optimizing your website pages. Since you now know the type of information your ideal customer searches for, you must make sure that your website contains these words and phrases so that you can be easily found in searches. You can arrange these keywords in your blogs, your FAQ and About Us pages and product information pages.
- Social media postings. Ensure that your company has a presence on the platforms where your ideal customer is most likely to visit. Listen effectively, engage and share helpful information.
Convert that interest into a customer
Of course, like any relationship, attraction is only half the battle. Once you have the prospect’s attention and he likes what you have to say, the next step is getting his phone number (or email address, etc.).
In this stage, you are building a mutual connection. This means you should not expect something for nothing. Have a strong call to action that encourages the prospect to take action and gain something in return. What you provide should be vital in moving the customer further along in the purchasing decision process. Offer something of value in exchange for contact information, such as:
- A white paper. This allows you to help, teach or explain something to prospects. For example, you can offer tips to improve their business or a user-friendly clarification on a complicated aspect of your industry.
- An e-book. This is a downloadable, shorter version of a regular book. Much easier to read than a report, it can help to explain your position on a topic and give useful tips on something the reader may need to make an informed decision about doing business with you.
- A webinar. Basically a seminar on the web, this tool allows the visitor to gain helpful knowledge without ever leaving the comfort of her computer or smart device. Your webinar should help to position you as a thought leader and inspire trust, which ultimately leads to a continued relationship and possible purchase.
At Axia Public Relations, we will create interesting, effective content to help you generate more leads and close the deal faster. Contact us to learn more or register for a Hubspot video tour to make your journey to success a lot less scary.
Lisa Goldsberry is a blogger for Axia Public Relations with more than 15 years of public relations experience. She specializes in business and technology PR. Lisa has worked for Axia since December 2013. Learn more about Lisa Goldsberry. Connect with Axia on Twitter @axiapr or tell us what you think in the comments below.
Featured image credit: 123rf.com