Gift ideas that will simplify everyday life
The holidays are quickly approaching, and you know what that means: It’s time to start shopping for the perfect gift. If you know someone who works in public relations, strategic communications, corporate communications, or marketing, this list is for you! All items included are rated at least four out of five stars, and we might earn referral credit if you buy some of these products from the affiliate links we provided below.
1. With more and more companies transitioning to remote work, having a good pair of headphones is essential. With up to 40 hours of playtime and with noise cancellation abilities, Anker Soundcore headphones are perfect for those working on the go. And with the added bonus of high-res audio, you can be confident the audio will be clear on both ends of the call.
Review: “I love these things. I was shocked at the sound quality (including the bass) for the price! The sound cancellation is solid for the price also. I listen to rap, rock, and some house/upbeat tempo music mostly, and these had me covered on all of my music. If there was a color other than black and silver (like red, beige/cream/champagne type colors) I would buy another pair just for the gym so I can have one for gym use and a pair for casual listening.”
2. Does your PR pro spend hours each day working on a computer? If so, give the gift of less headaches and eye protection! The TIJN Blue Light Blocking Glasses block harmful UV rays and boast 2x the flexibility and durability of other brands. Make it your own by choosing one of the 15 colors provided.
Review: “I work in front of a screen all day and had recently been getting headaches due to blue light exposure. You can clearly see the change of color when you put these on, and they’ve made a world of difference for me. And you can’t beat the price! Highly recommend!”
3. Working in PR means you always have deadlines and meetings to keep track of. Give the gift of organization with this 2021 Monthly Planner. Made with soft leather and high-quality paper, this planner not only looks good but will last the entire year. It includes a double-sided clear inner pocket and 12 monthly tabs that will keep your items organized.
Review: “Be still my heart. Had trouble in the big box stores trying to find a decently made month-at-a-time planner for 2020. Some were flimsy or had week-at-a-time pages wedge between each month. At first, the outside cover seemed to take away from the planner. However, it was advertised as such and really is no big deal. What is a big deal is the quality of the tabs, paper used, lots of note taking space, and this neat plastic storage folder in the back of the planner. That will keep me organized. Priced right. Will be a regular annual customer for this beauty.”
4. Great for professionals who love unwinding with a glass of wine, the Secura Electric Wine Opener makes it simple to uncork a bottle of wine in just six seconds. Simply place it on top, press the button, and your wine is open and ready to pour. The slim and sleek design makes it appealing to the eye and easy to store away when not in use.
Review: “I bought this as a gift for both my mother and stepmother on Mother’s Day. They both love it. My mom has arthritis pretty bad in her hands but loves wine. This product saves her hands from having to grip and twist the cork bottle opener. You can have a bottle of wine opened in four seconds with this product. The foil remover is super spiffy too because no more sliding a knife carefully around the edge! Just place over the foil, grip together, and twist in one motion. This is a great product and as soon as I’m not broke anymore, I’m getting myself one.”
5. For the PR expert who loves to cook, this over-the-sink strainer and cutting board is a game changer. Simply place it over your sink, cut your veggies or fruit, place them in the strainer, and rinse! It simplifies the process by putting two kitchen necessities together and makes little-to-no mess.
Review: “Transformed my small kitchen. This allowed me to use the sink as extra counter space with the added benefit of having a colander attached. I am able to drain and rinse vegetables directly into the sink. I have a place to toss unneeded veggie parts to dump in the trash later. Also when it gets dirty, I just spray water on it from my faucet. This has made cooking in my small kitchen a snap. Couldn’t recommend it more.”
6. Is your PR professional obsessed with coffee? Then the Nespresso Vertuo Espresso machine is the perfect gift! This machine boasts six different options or coffee sizes and comes with a milk frother. It’s made up of more than 50% recycled material, and the pods themselves are recyclable. Its small, sleek design and removable water tank makes it perfect for those working at home or in an office.
Review: “I absolutely love this coffee maker! It could not be easier to use, yet the variety of coffee drinks you can make with it is impressive. I look forward to using it every morning!”
7. For the PR professional who lives a busy life and has little time to clean, the iRobot Roomba is the perfect gift. This vacuum works on various floor types and is effective even on the most stubborn messes. By ; downloading the iRobot app, your PR pro can schedule times of the day and even which rooms you want it to clean or activate its cleaning while commuting home — whether expecting visitors or not.
Review: “This is the third Roomba that I have had. By far, it’s the best. The brushes are rubber and have no bristles, so hair does not get wound around them and have to be cleaned constantly. The dirt bin can be cleaned by rinsing in the sink. It very rarely gets stuck on uneven surfaces. Huge improvement over the ones that I had in the past. Very happy with my purchase.”
8. Do you know someone who loves the smell of candles but can’t have an open flame? Give the gift of scent minus the fire hazard! This Yankee Candle Oil Diffuser lasts up to four hours and has an automatic shut-off when the water tank is empty. Make it your own by choosing one of the 10 colors on the device or turn off the color completely.
Review: “This is a great diffuser. The scent that came with it smells so good. I find that this diffuser works better than the other one I bought. The scents come through much better and lasts longer. The lighting is very relaxing and changes at a decent interval. I love the sound it makes when it’s on. It’s very relaxing and not too loud. Overall, this diffuser is great for any room of your home. It is easy to use and above all, relaxing.”
9. Great for PR pros who are on the go, the Yeti Rambler 20 oz. Tumbler will keep your coffee hot and fresh all day long. With the use of 18/8 stainless steel and double-wall insulation in your cup, you’ll never have to worry about it cracking or chipping. Make it your own by choosing one of the 21 colors offered and as a bonus, it’s dishwasher safe!
Review: “I have been using this for three months and can say without equivocation that it’s the best tumbler I've ever had. Does it keep my coffee hot? Oh yeah — for hours! Is it durable? Absolutely — unbreakable, undentable, completely stainless. Is it easy to clean? Takes a few seconds. Dark coffee, hot chocolate, tea, you name it — it rinses out in seconds with zero staining. At first I thought that no tumbler could be worth this price, but now I am a huge fan. I don’t know if it will last forever, but I’m absolutely certain that I will get many years of use out of it.”
10. For those health-conscious professionals, the Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch will help keep track of your heart rate, steps, and calories burned. Since the watch is waterproof, there’s no need to worry about whether you sweat or even go for a swim. As an added bonus, the watch tracks sleep patterns, so you’ll know when you;get your best sleep.
Review: “My FitBit Versa 2 has exceeded all my expectations! I love the larger face, the choice of watch faces, and the colorful “party on my wrist” when I hit my goal of steps. Alexa at my fingertips, heart rate, messages, and so much more! My Fitbit Versa 2 is my third Fitbit and now my favorite.”
11. Does your PR professional live in the cold or enjoy running? If so, this Bluetooth Headband would be the perfect gift. This soft, lightweight headband boasts 10 hours of playtime and is made out of a breathable mesh fabric. Since the headphones are built-in, they won’t have to worry about earbuds falling out during an exercise.
Review: “For one, I was very impressed with this type of product. I’ve always had a problem with earbuds as they never fit in my ears right or comfortably. The ear muff type headphones work but so big! These work wonderfully and are comfortable! When we’re watching TV in our room after our kids are in bed, this is great for being quiet and not disturbing them. It’s also awesome and comfortable at our local YMCA where I work out. I sent a message to the company with an inquiry (no complaint at all), and they were very quick to answer me and give me an awesome answer! :) Kudos to that! I can’t say enough good about these! Also, it was immediately after I got them, I took them apart to know that I could put it all back together. This is imperative for washing the headband. I didn’t have any problems at all with that. All in all, I love them, and this was a solid awesome purchase!”
12. Does your PR professional complain about back pain and needing a massage? This back and neck massager will be a game changer in his or her daily life. It offers three different speeds and the ability to switch which way the nodes move. Turn on the heat to loosen muscles and in 20 minutes, the massager will automatically turn off.
Review: “I am completely in love with this massager!! I have owned many types over the years, but this one really gets the kinks out!! The only change I would love to see is to have the controls lower down so they’re easier to reach! You can’t go wrong with this!”
13. Tell your PR professional “you’re awesome” by giving them a mug that says just that! This 15 o.z. ceramic mug is the perfect size for those that want a little extra coffee in the morning or at night. As a bonus, it’s both microwave and dishwasher safe because you’re too “awesome” to have a mug that’s not.
Review: “Bought two of these mugs to give as gifts. Shipped quickly, boxed. Mugs are large, well designed, logo is clear, and just a nice all-around mug. The friends I gave the mugs to loved them and thought they were the perfect size for a large cup of tea. Would buy again.”
About Christie Parhiala
Christie Parhiala is a fall intern at Axia Public Relations. She is currently a public relations and marketing student at the University of North Florida.