September 28, 2021
Learn how nurturing flexibility and staying consistent with company values leads to success in a changing work environment.
Our episode guest is Diane Schwartz, the CEO of Ragan Communications. Diane is a powerhouse in the communications sector with more than 20 years of experience as a trusted leader and creator.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- The key day-to-day roles of communicators
- If and how brands should take a stand on social issues
- The most important skills that communicators need today
- How PR professionals can reduce stress
- The importance of brand consistency and transparency
- “What we used to call soft skills like empathy, relationship building, trust, and presentation skills, these are hard skills now. They are absolutely necessary.” – @dianeschwartz
- “The leader in the room should listen to everyone first before weighing in.” – @jasonmudd9
- “Communicators need to learn how to ask for more and not be afraid to ask for more.” – @dianeschwartz
- “We should be hiring people who are curious, who want to learn more, who want to dig in; people who are really curious about the market they serve and the people around them.”– @dianeschwartz
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please share it with others and leave us a review?
About Diane Schwartz
Diane Schwartz is a powerhouse in the communications sector with more than 20 years of experience as a trusted leader and creator. She serves communicators at all stages of their careers through conferences, training programs, councils, and subscription products. Through Ragan’s Workplace Wellness Insider, Diane provides resources to promote corporate well-being and align employee health with company goals.
Guest’s contact info and resources:
- Visit www.ragan.com/ontopofpr for $100 off on Ragan’s Future of Communications Virtual Conference
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
About your host Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021.
Find more On Top of PR episodes on: