July 13, 2021
Learn some great stories of how our guest Kate Yandoh Harris advanced her PR career.
Kate Yandoh Harris is a born storyteller who helps businesses realize results by creating compelling content. She is an optimist, island lover, and “word person”.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to get started in PR and marketing without a PR or marketing degree
- Why hospitality might be a great starting point for marketing and PR professionals
- How you can learn the most from less desired positions
- How to educate your audience instead of just selling them your product or service
- How to pivot and be creative in your PR efforts
Also available on
- “In order to connect with your audience, you have to quickly jump in and live in their world for a little bit.” -Kate Yandoh Harris
- “The experiences that I’ve had that helped me get better have been the jobs that nobody really wants.” -Kate Yandoh Harris
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please share it with others and leave us a review?
Guest’s contact info and resources:
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
About your host Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021.
Find more On Top of PR episodes on: