January 5, 2016
The seven-step ultimate guide
Driving traffic is one of the key goals of any social media strategy. Businesses strive to attract more people to their websites in order to increase their client databases. To do that, you must produce high-quality content. Valuable content also increases your visibility on search engines.
Here are seven key ways you can use your content to drive traffic to your website.
1. Get the most out of social media. Consistently and actively promote your content on your social media profiles. Create a social media editorial calendar and stick to it.
2. Use visuals. Create videos, infographics, photos and collages that others will like and share. Include your business name somewhere in the visual. If your audiences like your content, they will share it; a viral video could bring a lot of traffic to your site.
3. Make your content easy to share by incorporating sharing buttons. Your audiences should be able to easily share content they like with others. Make sure your buttons are visible and right where your followers need them.
4. Produce “how-to” content. People are always looking for answers on the internet to help them complete tasks. Write “how-to” content including detailed, step-by-step descriptions for completing tasks relevant to your audiences’ interests. By helping your followers, you establish yourself as a reliable source of information, attracting even more followers to your site and your company.
5. Build relationships with social media influencers. Find the people with the biggest followings in your niche. There are many benefits to working with influencers: You can learn new things; you can gain new followers and supporters; and by interviewing influencers, you get an automatic boost for your own content.
6. Leverage newsletters. Newsletters are another way for businesses to use their creative content to increase traffic to their websites. Build your email list by inviting your followers to sign up for your newsletter. Signing up should be easy, and so should opting out. You can also offer a small reward for signing up, like a coupon.
7. Create a strong call to action. If you want your audiences to take a specific action, encourage them to do so with a call to action. For example, you can invite them to share your content with their friends if they support you or subscribe to your newsletter to learn more.
Axia Public Relations can help you make the most of your content so you can drive traffic to your website. Download our Essential Social Media Management Guide, in-depth guide to best practices for businesses.
Yulia Dianova is a public relations professional who is skilled in building relationships with target audiences. She provides counsel to organizations that seek PR help to further their growth and reach their goals. Yulia earned a master’s degree in public relations management from University of Maryland University College. She is fluent in Russian and English and is always looking for a new challenge.
Featured image credit: 123rf.com