Any digital marketer knows that a campaign is only successful if it is planned and implemented properly. In order for you to achieve the best results, you need to audit your digital marketing campaign efforts.
A digital marketing audit is a detailed analysis of your company's digital marketing strategies. It includes all aspects of online marketing efforts your company is focusing on, such as social media strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, and content marketing strategy.
Audio: Listen to this article.
The goal is to determine which elements of your marketing strategy need adjustments in order to improve your company performance.
Digital marketing audits consist of three easy steps:
- Collect your data
Collecting your data from your digital marketing campaign is the first step to see in analyzing its success. If your company is not already using such tools as Semrush, Ubersuggest’s, Moz, Google Analytics, and Google Console, then those are good places to start.
- Compare your data to your marketing goals
Once you have all the data, it is time to see whether your company’s marketing campaign is achieving its goals.
Important things to analyze include:
- Is your company website getting sustainable traffic?
- What are your company's major referrals or main sources of traffic?
- Are visitors engaged and staying around to read content, or are they leaving right away (meaning your bounce rate is high)?
- What site pages do users visit the most?
- Is your company site easy to navigate and user-friendly?
- What content resonates with your readers and gets the most engagement (likes, clicks, conversions, etc.)?
- What platforms work the best for your company?
- What form of content do your readers like the most (infographics, images, videos)?
- What keywords bring you traffic?
- What topics are the most popular among your readers?
- What pieces of content do your visitors link to?
Once you answer these key questions, you can see if your site structure and content need adjustment to better serve your site users and keep them engaged. Analyzing this data will help you make the most of your social media marketing.
- Make adjustments
Once your company collects necessary data and analyzes it, It is time to make adjustments. Enhance and continue what is working well. Make necessary changes to the digital marketing campaign elements that did fare well. Marketing is all about finding what works the best for your target audience.
Digital marketing audit plays a very important role in your marketing success. Its goal is to determine which elements of your marketing strategy work or need improvement in order to streamline your processes.
Axia Public Relations offers expertise on performing and analyzing your digital marketing efforts. You can start by watching our free webinar, “Measuring what matters in your communication efforts.” We are happy to take your business to the next level.
Clients love Yulia’s eagerness to take on new challenges and her experience in building relationships with target audiences. She has worked with Axia Public Relations since July 2015. Yulia earned a master’s degree in public relations management from University of Maryland University College. She is fluent in Russian and English. Learn more about Yulia.
Topics: digital PR