Axia Public Relations provides a step-by-step guide for companies with multiple locations
Many companies that have more than one location may find it difficult deciding which address to associate with their Facebook page. Facebook used to require a separate page for each location; but recently, it realized the demand for one page that could display all of a company’s locations and now offers that option to users.
However, there is no simple tutorial explaining the process. We understand how important it is for businesses to be able to fully navigate Facebook; therefore, we created step-by-step instructions for adding multiple locations to your company’s Facebook page:
*You must have admin or editor permission to add locations to a Facebook page.
- Remove any address associated with your corporate page.
- Request access to Locations from Facebook by filling out the Request Locations Access form.
3. Facebook will then verify if your company needs this feature and will approve or deny your
request via email.
- Once approved, go to the Settings tab of your main Facebook page. Select “Locations” from the menu on the left-hand side of the page. This is where you can add a location, import multiple locations or download the locations.
- You can also set up the locations structure, add existing pages as locations or create new pages to associate.
Using the Locations feature helps customers find your company faster and allows you to manage all of your locations in one place. Axia’s blog offers many tips for using social media to its full potential. We also offer a guide for managing social media as well as many other terrific resources that you can download today.
Becca McClure is a public relations associate at Axia Public Relations. She has earned inbound marketing certification from HubSpot. She is a ReviewMaxer expert. Becca graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts in public relations. Follow her on Twitter @_BeccaMcClure.
Featured image credit: 123rf.com