Twitter can be a valuable source for sales leads and participating in the conversation while smartphone applications can help set your business apart from the competition.
1. There’s An App For That. Should Your Business Have One?
A few years ago, getting your frequency reward card into customers’ wallet or onto their keychains was a barometer of customer loyalty. Now, whether you’re in the retail, professional services or manufacturing sectors, those cards are being replaced by smartphone apps.
- By offering an app to your customers and prospects, you secure your business a strong visual iconic presence on smartphone screens. In addition, you demonstrate to customers that you’re “tech savvy.”
- The No. 1 reason to consider offering an app: You should have an app before your competition does.
2. How To Get Sales Leads From Twitter
While the world is in a Facebook frenzy, Twitter is becoming a player in generating sales leads for companies. It takes some patience to dig through thousands of innocuous posts, but the “gold” is there. There are many tools that search tweets and allow you to drill down to a specific topic or even a specific location.
- Test drive a variety of Twitter search programs to find the one you are most comfortable with. Our favorites are TweetDeck, HootSuite and Monitter.
- Each program allows you to select various keyword phrases and see who’s tweeting about that phrase. Select a phrase that’s relevant to your business category and then tweet that person back. That conversation could be the start of a big sale!
- Programs like Tweet Beep will send you alerts whenever someone tweets about a specific phrase that you have pre-selected.
- When people are tweeting about a topic or category that you have an expertise in, you’ve got a great chance to jump in on the conversation.
3. The 60 Second Close: One Quarter Down, Three More To Go
The first quarter is over. What’s the score? Are you winning and can you hold onto the lead? Are you behind? If so, what’s it going to take to gain that lead?
There are three more quarters to go in 2010. Unlike football, in business, there are no timeouts. No instant replays. No room for errors. If you’re looking for great PR value, let our team join yours. Call us. We can show you how to get there … faster than ever.