September 16, 2021
Currently, content marketing is one of the most talked about marketing strategies in the industry. Creating great content is the foundation of many promotional strategies, such as search engine optimization, email marketing, organic traffic generation, and more.
Audio: Listen to this article.
In many ways content marketing is similar to traditional public relations:
- Research—A great content marketing strategy is always based on thorough research. You need to do research on your target audience, popular topics, channels to distribute your content, niche specifics, and more. All PR campaigns are based on research.
- Perfect grammar—Both content marketing and public relations require perfect grammar. Any content will look unprofessional if it has grammatical errors. That is why both content marketers and PR managers conduct many rounds of edits before they publish their content.
- Know your target audience—To create useful content that resonates with your audience, both PR and content marketing managers need to know their buyers’ personas, which are based on the data about their target audience. They collect demographics data, send customer surveys, look at feedback, and perform competitive analyses.
- Benefit the audience—Traditional PR creates mutually beneficial relationships with target audiences. Any content marketing strategy should provide useful content to these audience via platforms that they frequent. Both strategies are aimed at benefiting the target audience, building trust, and establishing long-term communication.
- Analyze—Whenever a company runs a PR campaign or markets content, it’s necessary to measure the success of that campaign. Measuring its effectiveness and the impact will also help companies identify weak points that can be studied and improved in future marketing efforts.
As you see, traditional PR strategies and content marketing have a lot in common. Axia Public Relation is a unique public relations firm with highly qualified professionals in both digital marketing and PR. Forbes named Axia one of America’s best PR agencies for 2021.
We know how to combine all marketing strategies to make our clients and their businesses thrive. You can download our complementary inbound marketing guide.
Clients love Yulia’s eagerness to take on new challenges and her experience in building relationships with target audiences. She has worked with Axia Public Relations since July 2015. Yulia earned a master’s degree in public relations management from University of Maryland University College. She is fluent in Russian and English. Learn more about Yulia.