Brightway Insurance, a start-up independent insurance agency, wanted to expand its brand locally and nationally. When State Farm exited Florida's home insurance market, this campaign worked to expand Brightway Insurance’s recognition and position its CEO as a thought leader. As a result, this campaign helped position Brightway Insurance as an expert go-to insurance expert, leading to a 300% increase in call volume in two weeks.
The business challenge
Brightway Insurance is Florida's fastest-growing independent insurance agency with 39 Florida offices serving 30,000 households across the state. When State Farm exited Florida's home insurance market, the campaign recognized an opportunity for Brightway Insurance’s expansion by positioning the company as the go-to insurance expert for the media as well as consumers.
This campaign worked to expand Brightway Insurance’s recognition and position its CEO as a thought leader after State Farm exited Florida's home insurance market. The campaign focused on engaging and pitching a variety of state and national news outlets in order to position the company as a leading insurance expert.
– David Miller, Brightway Insurance
As a result of this campaign, Brightway's call volume increased by 300% those two weeks, according to its chief operations officer, Michael Miller. In addition:
- The media featured or sourced Brightway Insurance in approximately 120 news stories.
- Florida Public Radio interviewed Brightway Insurance’s president and CEO, David Miller, as an expert source, reaching public radio listeners across Florida's 13 public radio stations as well as WOKV, WDBO, and others.
- The media quoted Miller among its news stories in the Miami Herald, all 43 American City Business Journals, and several other state and national news outlets.
- The company saw a return of more than five times its PR investment from the news coverage.
- Public relations covers insurance agency from startup to national franchise
- PR firm’s pitch leads to national coverage and new location for franchise
To learn how we can help your insurance and financial services company achieve similar results, contact us today at 888-PR-FIRM-8 (888-773-4768).