A national mortgage broker's negative online reputation was costing them $20,000 per day in lost sales. This campaign positioned the company as a thought leader, pitched media contacts, and managed the company’s online reputation. Through this campaign, the company earned positive earned media coverage, awards celebrating the company and its business practices, and changed the public’s perception of them.
The business challenge
A premier mortgage company had a negative online reputation that was costing them $20,000 per day in documented lost sales. Google searches for the company showed seven negative reviews within the first 20 results. The company needed to fix its image and change the public’s negative perception of them.
This campaign used an aggressive online reputation management program and media relations campaign to increase the company’s exposure. Through relationships with local and national reporters, the campaign positioned the company as a thought leader in the industry. The campaign also leveraged AwardAbility, an award recognition program, to highlight the company’s accomplishments.
Within four months, this campaign:
- Secured local media placement in various cities where the company had branches
- Generated 533 company-related articles, including 31 broadcast stories
Within 24 months, the national mortgage company saw big results, including:
- 1,200% increase in annual revenue
- Increased social media presence
- Positive earned media coverage
- Positive public perception
- Awards celebrating the company and its business practices
- Awards spotlighting executives as industry thought-leaders
- Named as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States by Inc. Magazine