A national mortgage broker's negative online reputation was costing them $20,000 per day in lost sales. This campaign positioned the company as a thought leader, pitched media contacts, and managed the company’s online reputation. Through this campaign, the company earned positive media coverage, received awards celebrating the company and its business practices, and changed the public’s perception of it.
The business challenge
A premier mortgage company had a negative online reputation that was costing them $20,000 per day in documented lost sales. Google searches for the company showed seven negative reviews within the first 20 results. The company needed to fix its image and change the public’s negative perception.
This campaign used an aggressive online reputation management program and media relations campaign to increase the company’s exposure. Through relationships with local and national reporters, the campaign positioned the company as a thought leader in the industry. The campaign also leveraged AwardAbility, an award recognition program, to highlight the company’s accomplishments.
Within 24 months, the national mortgage company saw big results, including:
- 1,200% increase in annual revenue
- Increased social media engagement
- Earned media coverage including 533 positive company-related articles and 31 broadcast stories nationally and where the company had branches
- Positive public perception
- Received 20 local, industry, and national business awards celebrating the company and spotlighting its executives as industry thought-leaders
- Named as one of Inc. Magazine's fastest-growing private U.S. companies