Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (NYSE: FIS)
Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS), needed help developing its environmental employee sustainability program, GreenLight. This campaign helped the world's largest fintech company develop an employee environmental communications program with marketing tools as well as environmental improvements to the global field offices. As a result, the company saw enterprise-wide success with its GreenLight program.
The business challenge
FIS is the leading provider of banking technologies for financial institutions and businesses. As part of its growth, the Fortune 500 company needed help with the development of its environmental employee sustainability program, GreenLight. This new program would benefit all field offices as well as make a positive environmental impact.
Named The FIS GreenLight Initiative, this campaign developed internal communications and marketing tools for GreenLight. This included naming the program, designing the logo, developing a tagline, creating an internal e-newsletter and posters, as well as planning a website with social media integration to promote green behavior in the workplace. In addition, plans for an international campaign for FIS global offices with translations are underway.
Through the GreenLight campaign, FIS saw enterprise-wide global success. Field offices nationwide made these improvements:
- In Woodbury, Minnesota, employees eliminated plastic and foam cups.
- The Dedham, Massachusetts, office recycled 161 tons of paper with a goal to recycle 100% of its materials by year’s end.
- Toronto employees donated used denim to help Habitat for Humanity insulate a new home.
- The Sunrise, Florida, office recycled ink and toner cartridges and cell phones with proceeds benefiting a local charity.
- E-waste recycling company EcoReco recognized FIS employees in India and GreenLight at an award ceremony.
- Marcia Danzeisen, FIS