Jason Mudd, APR – Public Relations Expert
Accredited Public Relations Practitioner
Jason Mudd is a trusted adviser to some of America's Most Admired Brands, including the following:
- American Airlines
- Dave & Buster’s
- H&R Block
- Miller Lite
- New York Life
- Pizza Hut
- Southern Comfort
He founded Axia Public Relations, a PR firm for national B2B and B2C brands, in 2002.
Jason’s an Emmy Award-winning, accredited public relations practitioner, speaker, author and entrepreneur. PR Week has named him a “Rising Star” of public relations.
Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is a mark of distinction for public relations professionals who demonstrate their commitment to the profession and to its ethical practice. These individuals are selected based on broad knowledge, strategic perspective and sound professional judgment. Jason has also earned inbound marketing certification.
Jason, who began his career as a journalist, graduated from the acclaimed University of Missouri School of Journalism with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. After running his own PR firm and web design company, he completed a stint as a PR consultant to what is now Arm & Hammer’s Clean Shower product. Next, Jason joined what is now WindStream Communications as its marketing director and a shareholder. There, he become a web marketing strategist as he and his team became leaders in e-commerce, content management systems and what was later called Web 2.0.
Next, Jason promoted and co-produced the Emmy-winning Florida Sports Awards, the then-official statewide sports awards show, awarding Jaspers to the state's top professional and amateur athletes. There, Jason worked with key sponsors and professional teams and tours, including American Airlines, General Motors, Wachovia, Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, Miami Marlins, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Rays as well as ATP Tour, LPGA Tour, NASCAR, PGA Tour and WTA Tour.
Now, in addition to acting as CEO of Axia Public Relations, Jason serves on the board of directors for a well-respected $31 billion financial institution serving mid-market companies. In his capacity there, he draws from his extensive experience to lend valuable expertise and insights in order to grow and improve the company.
Jason and his wife are members of Grace Community Church, where they have served in various leadership positions. Their primary residence is on Amelia Island, Florida and they homeschool their two teenage children.
At Axia, Jason oversees public relations strategies for the PR firm’s national clients and is available to client leadership teams for consultations, spokesperson training and crisis communications management. He also speaks to business, industry and academic groups about public relations trends and best practices.
Jason’s recent and upcoming speaking appearances:
- National Conference, Awards Ceremony, Public Relations Student Society of America, Washington, D.C.
- Breakout session, Public Relations Society of America's Counselors Academy, Seattle, Washington
- Misc. chapters and district conferences, Public Relations Society of America
- “Plan the Attack” – Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
- “10x Your Business Seminar” with Grant Cardone – Orlando Hilton
- Green Carpet event – It Works!
- “Public Relations in Sports Marketing” – Flagler College
- “Super Bowl Advertising” – South Jacksonville Rotary Club
- “The Future of PR” – Florida State College
- “Crisis Communications” – University of North Florida
- “Case Studies in PR” – University of North Florida
- “The Future of PR” – Utah State University
- Social media expert panelist – SCORE Counselors to America’s Small Business
- “Meet the Editor” webinar with “CIO Insight” Editor Brian Watson and PRSourcecode
- “Real ID and the Media” – American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- “Power of Public Relations for Your Insurance Agency” – Brightway Insurance annual franchisee kickoff conference
- “Social Media Engagement and HIPPA” – Chamber of Commerce Health Care Council
- “The Power of PR” – Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- “Beyond the Hype: Social Media and Your Brand” – various business groups
- “State of the Industry” panel – University of North Florida
- “Media Week: Public Relations Panel” – University of North Florida