Tax, CPA and accounting firms benefit from earned media coverage
Although the official tax season doesn’t start until January, the tax season starts now for news media outlets, journalists and PR firms representing accounting, CPA and tax firms.
To keep the public informed, the number of PR opportunities for tax professionals starts increasing in January due to pending tax deadlines, esp. April 15.
Some earned news media opportunities available to CPAs, accountants and tax professionals include the following:
- Providing insight on local and national TV and radio morning shows.
- Sharing expert tax advice withlocal and national media outlets.
- Tips for taking advance of your tax deductions and how to minimize your tax burden.
- News interviews on how to prepare your taxes.
- Submitting bylined articles geared toward the upcoming tax season.
Then there's opportunities to speak to consumers and corporations via community, civic, industry and association speaking engagements.
Corporations and consumers hiring tax professionals look for experts and thought-leaders in the industry; if you take advantage of PR, that expert could be you.
For the average person and corporation, tax code is complicated, which is why providing commentary that demonstrates your expertise is so important and why PR is so much more important than advertising. The sooner your tax, accounting or CPA firm starts PR, the greater the benefit it will see.
Some hot topics reporters are asking us for sources include the following:
- Military deductions like the Boomer Deduction, Fleet Ballistic Missile Deduction or uniform deductions.
- Handling taxes and donations when a home purchase is in the near future.
- Unusual ways to get tax deductions.
- How solar panels reduce taxes.
- How individuals going through divorces can maximize their tax efficiency.
- New tax deductions.
Axia Public Relations will have dozens of PR opportunities in the local and national news media for tax professionals to discuss taxes, tax tips, state and federal tax returns. We don't want these opportunities to go to waste. Would your company benefit from building awareness, understanding and consideration among consumers and businesses? We'll train your firm's leaders and pitch them as spokespeople to create awareness among business decision-makers and/or consumers for tax and accounting services. Our PR efforts have led to tax clients featured in outlets such CNBC, Credit.com, The Wall Street Journal and USA Today, to name a few, and assisted in the public learning the necessities for handling taxes.
Now is the time to hire a PR firm to attract new clients to your company. Don’t let the tax season pass you by; contact Axia today. We have opportunities waiting for you, and we hate to see any opportunity go to waste.
Marjorie Comer is an award-winning PR professional at Axia Public Relations. She graduated from Rockhurst University with a Bachelor of Arts in communication. Marjorie has worked for Axia Public Relations since October 2011. She cheers for her hometown Kansas City Royals. Follow her on Twitter @Marjorie_Comer. Learn more about Marjorie Comer.
Featured image credit: 123rf.com